Launch of 5L QyuSpeed™ D membrane adsorbers for efficient large scale protein purification
Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the commercial launch of 5 L QyuSpeedTM D membrane adsorbers. Designed specifically for impurity removal in bioprocessing, QyuSpeedTM D enables biopharmaceutical manufacturers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their protein purification steps. The addition of the adsorbers with effective membrane volume of 5 L to the existing product line of 0.6 mL, 150 mL, and 550 mL QyuSpeedTM D provides further flexibility in process implementation of commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
About QyuSpeedTM D membrane adsorber
Using the unique grafted chains with high ligand density within the pore structure of its hollow fibers, QyuSpeedTM D achieves three-dimensional multi-point adsorption which enables it to efficiently bind negatively charged biomolecules, such as impurities (host cell proteins, DNA, endotoxin, etc.), viruses, and specific proteins with low isoelectric points (albumin, IgA, IgM, fibrinogen, F-II, F-VIII, F-IX, F-X, PKA, etc.).
The key features of QyuSpeedTM D are as follows:
- High binding and loading capacity with low pressure drop
- Excellent salt tolerance
- Short processing time enabled by convection flow
- Efficient impurity removal and high target protein recovery rate
- High binding capacity for large molecular weight protein
- Excellent virus binding capacity
- Excellent prion removability
- Easy reusability with simple regeneration procedure
- Small footprint and no packing step, unlike traditional columns
- Cost-effective for labor and hardware
- Easy and linear scalability
For more information, click here.