Products & Services
- Products & Services
- Clarification & Purification
- BioOptimal™ MF-SL Microfilters
BioOptimal™ MF-SL Microfilters
Easy and Effective Clarification Made Possible
BioOptimal MF-SL is a hollow fiber microfilter that utilizes an efficient filtration mechanism based on size exclusion and tangential flow filtration. These two aspects allow the filter to smoothly and effectively separate the contents of a solution.
Featured Supporting Documents
Quick links to selected Data Sheets, Product Manuals or Validation Reports related to the product.
- Operating Procedure BioOptimal MF-SL Module 8m2.pdf
- Operating Procedure BioOptimal MF-SL Module 1.0 m2.pdf
- Operating Procedure BioOptimal MF-SL Module 0.19m2.pdf
- Operating Procedure BioOptimal MF-SL Module 0.005 m2.pdf
- Validation Report for BioOptimal MF-SL Module.pdf
- Safety Data Sheet for BioOptimal MF-SL Module.pdf
You need to login to download the files.
Quick links to selected literature, case studies or articles related to the product.
BioOptimal MF-SL is able to clarify solutions quickly and completely in a single processing step. Therefore, it simplifies the cell culture clarification process and makes it more cost-effective by eliminating the needs for large investments like centrifuges and expensive disposable items like other depth filters.
Features & Performances
・ Low TMP (Trans Membrane Pressure)
・ High flux, short filtration time
・ High protein permeability & recovery rate
・ Very low permeate turbidity, less bioburden
・ Low pressure stress at filtration process
Tangential Flow Filtration:
The feed fluid flow across the membrane surface creates a sweeping action, preventing quick fouling and extending filtration duration.
Removal of cells from batch culture
Filtration Volume vs. Filtration Time
Cell Culture Type: CHO-S
Filtration Mode: Tangential Flow Filtration
Shear Rate: 3000 s-1
TMP: No Control (= 3-6 KPa)
|Cell Density x 106 (cells/mL)||Cell Viability (%)||Turbidity (NTU)|
TFF-Perfusion cell culture evaluations
Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) is one of the main focus categories in biopharmaceuticals. There are several types of cell culture systems such as fed-batch and perfusion culture. Although conventional batch systems are widely accepted in the current process, perfusion based cell culture systems offer the potential to greatly increase cell density and productivity for a long term periods. It is widely accepted that hollow fiber works as a cell separation device in perfusion culture.
We conducted to evaluate the performance of perfusion cell culture in TFF (Tangential Flow Filtration) system.
TFF Perfusion set-up
- Cell culture: Antibody-producing Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells were cultivated in serum free media.
- Cell density was maintained at 50-70 ×106 cells/mL by bleeding.
- Medium exchange rate: 0.75-2.5 vessel/day
- Permeate flux: 0.24-0.80 L/m2/h (LMH)
- Bioreactor working volume was adjusted by membrane area.
- Flow rate (L/min) was adjusted so that the shear rate inside of hollow fiber became 1500 s-1.
Specifications & Parameters
|Pore size (μm)||0.4|
|Hollow fiber ID (mm)||1.4|
|Hollow fiber material||Polysulfone|
|Hollow fiber housing||Polysulfone|
|Catalog Number||Effective Membrane Surface Area Size|