In the course of doing business, Asahi Kasei Group receives personal information (the term "personal information" is used herein as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1, of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003)) such as names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses from consumers, clients, suppliers, and others, in addition to the personal information of our executives and employees which we hold. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of this personal information, and to ensuring that it is handled appropriately in accordance with this policy.
Because this policy may be revised, we recommend that you refer to this page again from time to time.
- We handle personal information properly and in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other applicable statutes, and in conformance with generally accepted norms and standards.
- We ensure that personnel throughout the Asahi Kasei Group thoroughly understand and faithfully comply with corporate standards and regulations for the handling of personal information.
- We use personal information only for the specific purposes which have been indicated or announced at the time of its receipt.
- We employ appropriate measures in the maintenance and management of personal information to ensure against unauthorized alteration, disclosure, and loss of personal information.
- We will respond in good faith to requests from you to confirm, revise, cease using, or delete your personal information
Specifics are described below.
Purpose of use
- Response to inquiries or requests.
- Provision, accumulation, and communication of information related to our products and services.
- Provision and accumulation of information related to the quality, safety, and efficacy of our products and services.
- Requests for and implementation of investigation for the purposes of development related to our products and services.
- Maintaining awareness of purchasers of our products and services, preparation of other contact networks, and provision of information related to our products and services.
- Notification of trade shows or other events related to our products and services.
- Presentation of gifts or rewards won in drawings or competitions.
- Inquiry, communication (including distribution of reports), consultation, discussion, study, contracting, placement and receipt of orders, shipment, invoicing, receipt of payment, remittance of payment, and management of credits and debts in relation to commercial transactions, Responsible Care, financial transactions, and pension-fund management.
- Investigation and study of, and response to, circumstances of use of products and services and needs related thereto.
- Management of entrance and egress of persons and vehicles entering our facilities.
- Liaison with communities where Asahi Kasei Group facilities are located.
- Notification and reporting to governmental agencies, municipal offices, and public bodies.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess may share personal data with Asahi Kasei Group as shown below.
|Information subject to shared use||Purpose of shared use||Responsible party|
|Names and contact information held by Corporate Legal & General Affairs||Appropriate response to inquiries and requests||General Manager of Corporate Legal & General Affairs|
|Names and contact information held by Corporate Procurement & Logistics||Execution of duties related to procurement||General Manager of Corporate Procurement & Logistics|
|Names and contact information held by Corporate Accounting & Finance||Management of credits and debts, handling payments||General Manager of Corporate Accounting & Finance|
Disclosure to third parties
In cases where it becomes necessary to disclose personal information to subcontractors in the course of outsourcing, we conclude agreements with the subcontracted firms requiring that such personal information is handled in accordance with our standards. The handling of personal information by subcontracted firms is monitored and supervised to ensure compliance.
The only other cases where personal information is disclosed to third parties are described below.
- If we have your prior approval to do so.
- If the possibility of such disclosure was clearly indicated at the time personal information was received.
- If appropriate response to an inquiry or request necessitates disclosure to an Asahi Kasei Group company, a service provider, or a subcontractor (ex., a sales representative or a shipping company).
- If information in a form which precludes personal identification is disclosed for statistical analysis.
- If merger, business separation, or business transfer necessitates disclosure for the succession of operations.
- If required by law or regulation.
- If necessitated for the protection of a person's life, health, or assets, and we are unable to obtain your prior approval.
- If required in the course of cooperation with governmental authorities and obtaining your prior approval would impede the authorities in the execution of their duties.
Personal information inquiries
For your examination and confirmation, you may request that we disclose to you the retained personal data of yours which we hold. Upon verifying that the person making such a request is the person for whom disclosure is being requested or a duly authorized proxy thereof, we will respond in a reasonable time and to a reasonable extent.
You may request that we correct or revise the retained personal data of yours which we hold. Upon verifying that the identity of the person making such a request is the person for whom correction or revision is being requested or a duly authorized proxy thereof, we will respond in a reasonable time and to a reasonable extent if the data we hold is inaccurate.
Cessation of use, deletion
You may request that we cease using or delete the retained personal data of yours which we hold. Upon verifying that the identity of the person making such a request is the person for whom cessation of use or deletion is being requested or a duly authorized proxy thereof, we will respond in a reasonable time and to a reasonable extent.
Please note that the cessation of use or deletion of part or all of your personal information may prevent us from providing you with certain services. Please also note that relevant regulations provide that we may decline to fulfill such a request in certain cases.
How to contact us
Requests for confirmation, correction, revision, cessation of use, or deletion of retained personal data may be made via inquiry form or by fax to +81-(0)3-6699-3784, or by post to:
Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0006
Costs which we incur to fulfill a request for confirmation, correction, revision, cessation of use, or deletion of retained personal data may be charged to you or your proxy as a handling fee.
This website (www.ak-bio.com)
Reasonable and appropriate security measures are employed in the maintenance and management of personal information in order to ensure against risks such as unauthorized access, loss, damage, alteration, and disclosure. To ensure that personal information is managed appropriately, personnel responsible for managing personal information are designated at each business unit which receives personal information, and all relevant personnel are thoroughly familiarized with the company-wide information security regulations.
Information collected automatically
No personally identifiable information (e.g. name, address, phone no., e-mail address) is collected automatically when you access this website. We do collect anonymous information related to site usage for aggregate analysis to improve the site. This anonymous information includes a log of which pages you viewed, and the domain name of the website (e.g., a search site) from which you accessed this website.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites to which links may be included in this website. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites separately.
Please see below for dealing with the information of European Economic Area (the "EEA") personal data of customers, business partners, employees and other individuals which we possesses.
Our Privacy Statement
Purpose of Use
We will always process your personal data based on the GDPR. In addition, we will always process your sensitive personal data, for example, concerning your trade union membership, religious views, or health condition, in accordance with the GDPR.
We may collect and process your personal data for the purposes detailed below, which are required so that we can pursue our legitimate interests and provide you with adequate services and products:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to notify you about changes to our service(s);
- to manage your registered account;
- to offer you products and services;
- to inform you about our policies and terms;
- to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies;
- to provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising;
- to use personal information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits;
- to ensure business continuity.
In addition, subject to obtaining your express prior consent, we may also collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to make marketing advertisements;
- to provide you with information which we feel may be of your interest;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- to manage your subscription to the newsletter;
- to share your personal information with third-party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services;
- for making business analysis.
Please be aware that you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time, and this without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before withdrawal thereof.
We will process your data for these specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and will not further process the data in a way that is incompatible with these purposes. If we intend to process personal data originally collected for one purpose in order to attain other objectives or purposes, we will ensure that you are informed of this. We will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, to ensure that we provide an adequate service, and to support its business activities.
Types of Personal Data
We can obtain such personal data either directly from you when you decide to communicate such data to us (i.e., when you fill in forms displayed on the Website) or indirectly where such personal data is provided to us by your electronic communication terminal equipment or your Internet browser. We ensure that the personal data processed is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
We may share your personal data with Company Group entities and with third parties in accordance with the GDPR. Where we share your personal data with a data processor, we will put the appropriate legal framework in place in order to cover such transfer and processing. Furthermore, where we share your data with any entity outside the EEA, we will put appropriate legal frameworks in place, notably controller-to-controller (2004/915/EC) and controller-to-processor (2010/87/EU) Standard Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission, in order to cover such transfers.
Subject to your prior consent, your personal data may be transferred to, stored, and further processed by strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. We may currently share your personal data with the strategic partners. Your personal data will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services and advertising.
We share your personal data with companies which provide services on our behalf, such as hosting, maintenance, support services, email services, marketing, auditing, fulfilling your orders, processing payments, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. We may currently share your personal data with the service providers.
Corporate Affiliates and Corporate Business Transactions
We may share your personal data with all Company's affiliates. In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal data to the relevant third party.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary for us - by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence - to disclose your personal data. We may also disclose your personal data if we determine that, due to purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, the disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose your personal data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
Such disclosures may involve transferring your personal data out of the European Union to the following country: Japan, China, India, Korea, Singapore, and USA. Such transfer may take place for business operations, accounting, human resources managements, IT and general administration, marketing, market research and PR activities, and sales and aftersales management. For each of these transfers, we make sure that we provide an adequate level of protection to the data transferred.
Our Records of Data Processes
We handle records of all processing of personal data in accordance with the obligations established by the GDPR, both where we might act as a controller or as a processor. In these records, we reflect all the information necessary in order to comply with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authorities as required.
We process your personal data in a manner that ensures their appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. We use appropriate technical or organisational measures to achieve this level of protection.
Notification of Data Breaches to the Competent Supervisory Authorities
In case of breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, we have the mechanisms and policies in place in order to identify it and assess it promptly. Depending on the outcome of our assessment, we will make the requisite notifications to the supervisory authorities and communications to the affected data subjects, which might include you.
Processing Likely to Result in High Risk to Your Rights and Freedoms
We have mechanisms and policies in place in order to identify data processing activities that may result in high risk to your rights and freedoms. If any such data processing activity is identified, we will assess it internally and either stop it or ensure that the processing is compliant with the GDPR or that appropriate technical and organizational safeguards are in place in order to proceed with it.
In case of doubt, we will contact the competent Data Protection Supervisory Authority in order to obtain their advice and recommendations.
You have the following rights regarding personal data collected and processed by us:
- Information regarding your data processing: You have the right to obtain from us all the requisite information regarding our data processing activities that concern you.
- Access to personal data: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and certain related information.
- Rectification or erasure of personal data: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you without undue delay, and to complete any incomplete personal data. You may also have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, when certain legal conditions apply.
- Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing of personal data, when certain legal conditions apply.
- Object to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, when certain legal conditions apply.
- Data portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without our hindrance, when certain conditions apply.
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making: You may have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making (including profiling) based on the processing of your personal data, insofar as this produces legal or similar effects on you, when certain conditions apply.
If you intend to exercise such rights, please refer to the contact section below.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have proceeded with any request, or if you have any complaint regarding the way in which we process your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
Links to Other Sites
We may propose hypertext links from the Website to third-party websites or Internet sources. We do not control and cannot be held liable for third parties' privacy practices and content. Please read carefully their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
Please see below for Information Notice on how we process your personal data in relation to our marketing communications.
This information notice is issued to you on behalf of the group of companies controlled by Asahi Kasei (the "Asahi Kasei Group"), which control and process your personal data.
We process your personal data in the following manner.
Our processing of your personal data
Your personal data may be processed in order to conduct our business communication with you. In order to achieve this purpose, we process contact detail data such as Email address, Name, Company name. We process your personal data in your interest, as well as in ours, in order to proceed with the conduct of our business communication (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
How long do we keep your personal data
We will only retain your information as long as we are able to meet the abovementioned purposes.
Transfers of data to other companies and countries
We will store your personal data on our systems located within EEA as well as outside the EEA. Furthermore, we will share your personal data with other companies (e.g., service providers) who are located within or outside the EEA. Where a company is located outside the EEA, we have implemented Standard Contract Clauses (according to the GDPR requirements) to oblige the company of its responsibility of fair and legal use of your data.
Your rights and requests
You have the following rights:
- Access to personal data: You have the right to be provided full information about your personal data that the we hold.
- Data correction: You have the right to require that we correct any incorrect information that we hold about you.
- Data deletion: You may also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Object to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used format, when certain conditions apply.
- You also have the right to obtain from us a copy of any Standard Contract Clauses that we use if we transfer your data outside the EEA.
To exercise your rights, or if you require further information about how we use your personal data, then contact:
Asahi Kasei Europe GmbH
Am Seestern 4
Asahi Kasei Corp.
Japan TEL: +81-(0)3-6699-3000
(Revised July 4, 2018)